Small Business Association – This page provides a guide to federal SBA loan and grant programs for which you may be eligible.
Non-traditional Funding Resources
Don’t want to take out a loan? There are other ways to find funds.
CAFE Huntington – CAFE Huntington provides small (micro) grants to artists and activists in the Huntington, WV area. One day each month we invite people to a great location for a meal. Guest chefs cook some fantastic meals and it only costs $10 per person to join us. All of the income from that meal is given as a grant to support a local project.
Crowdfunding Websites – Don’t know what “Crowdfunding” is? Read this!
Kickstarter – Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative projects. Everything from films, games, and music to art, design, and technology. Kickstarter is full of ambitious, innovative, and imaginative projects that are brought to life through the direct support of others.
Indiegogo – At Indiegogo you’ll find a welcoming, supportive community that embraces collaboration, fearlessness and authenticity. You provide the passion, we’ll provide industry leading tools and support to help you promote your campaign and raise funds quickly, easily and securely. Have a look around and get inspired by the amazing people and campaigns raising funds every day. You could be the next, great success story!
Who is Eligible?
All SBA eligible businesses and/or borrowers
- Loan is fully amortized with no access fees per transactions
- Automated process provides fast turn-around time
- Loan amounts of $5,000 to $50,000
- 7 year term – Fully Amortized
- Collateral may not be required
- Variable Interest Rate based on Wall Street Journal Prime, adjusted calendar quarterly:
- Loans of $ 5,000 – $25,000 at Prime + 4.75%
- Loans of $26,000 – $50,000 at Prime + 3.75% – 4.75%
- Loans of $51,000 – $100,000 at Prime + 4.5%
- $525 packaging fee – deducted from loan proceeds.
- SBA Guaranty fee of 2% of the guaranteed portion (85%) of the loan will be deducted from the loan proceeds
- Loan payments automatically drafted from the business checking account at your established financial institution
- No prepayment penalty – 21 day payoff notification required
- Technical Assistance Included – borrowers receive pre-and post loan closing management and technical assistance