Tax and License Resources

Step 1: Get your FEIN from the IRS – Click Here

Step 2: Register with the State of WV – Click Here

Step 3: Register with you local officials – Contact the local mayor’s office and the county assessor’s office in the location in which you have an interest for information on local or county taxes and licensing that may be needed for your business.

Additional Resources

SIC CodeYou will need this number for most of the following forms.

11 Easy Steps for Starting Your Business – WV Dept of Commerce

Business Registration – WV

Federal Taxes – Internal Revenue Service

West Virginia Dept. of Tax and Revenue – Provides information on state tax responsibilities.

Cabell County Taxes – Give taxpayers information on Cabell County Taxes.

City of Huntington Taxes – License, B&O, and Sales Taxes.

Local Taxpayer Assistance Office – Provides free publications and assists in federal taxes.

W.V. Dept. of Health & Human Services – Provides information to small businesses.

Contractor’s License – State Dept. of Commerce.

License Bureau – Provides forms, schedules, and locations of upcoming examinations.

W.V. Secretary of State – Provides information for corporations.

Cabell-Huntington Health Department – Provides information on state requirements.

W.V. Bureau of Employment Programs – Provides information on employees.

W.V. Division of Labor – Provides information on wages, OSHA, and more.

Healthcare  new healthcare information– Provides information about new healthcare laws

More Healthcare law information–  Provides additional healthcare data